This was the first time we where working with a multi disciplinary team. Meaning
A group of 5 IPO students and group of structural Engineers and a group of electro technicians.
All working on the same project to create something ready to launch and all worked out.
Our Mission: create something as crazy as possible, no limits…
Their mission: keep those crazy IPO students in control.
After a lot of negotiation and meetings we managed to get a ride. Something much more extreme: the optimus shuttle.
Design a injection-molded product with a “Ratan” structure. Together with a group of 5 students.
Curver wanted a product with a Ratan look. Ratan is originally a natural woven product, injectionmolded ratan looks like this .
We made a foldable flower “pot” .
Made from a thin layer of Polypropylene with a “living” hinge.
The strong design points:
- Easy to put a flower in
- Available in diffrent colors
- Easy to take the flower out
- Easy transport
- “fashion goody”(looks different)
This was the first “solo” project. The assignment was:” Design to Improve life”.
Design something that is not existing whitin the Patent Data Base and is changing and improving life.
With my”outdoor” background I was thinking about a Mountainbike helmet with lights and batterypack build in the helmet.
After a lot of research and comments I found out its a niche market. So it was better to focus on a bigger market.
Small childeren are hard to see in traffic. So a headlight on the helmet makes sense.
A complete helmet with electrics they thought was too hard to design by a first years. So I made a helmet cover that fits over allmost every children’s helmet. With a nice print on, they are ready for the market.
Project: disinfection device
The very first thing we started on. A group project in a group of 5 random first year students.
The assignment was to make a device for hygiene, the” yellow flue” was kind a hot at that time.
- Easy to put in your pocket.
- Disinfection must be more easy than wasing the hands.
- “fashion” item